Business, Training Development, Consulting, Business Development, Image, Leadership Resources, Executive Coaching, Leadership Development, Women Leadership, Marketing, Innovation Strategist,
As managers we can agree that you are only as good as your team. You will find success by putting together a diverse staff of talented individuals. A business will always be the sum of its own parts, which is why it's important that your staff be made up of different types of people. One of the biggest mistakes that you can do in your business is fail to manage your generation gap. These strategies can be used in any size and organization type:
1. Don't Act Like a Know-it-All.
2. Develop a Mentorship or Coaching Program.
3. Get Management Up to Speed on Generational Differences.
4. Always Keep a Frame of Reference in Mind.
5. Don't Ignore Terminology & Slang, Embrace it.
6. Maintain a Supportive Attitude.
7. Promote Collaboration & Teamwork.
8. Knock Down Partitions.
9. Hold Themed Days at the Office.
10. Don't Take a "One-size-fits-all" Approach to Management.
11. Keep Your Expectations Reasonable.
12. Tailor Tasks and Projects to Your Workers' Individual Strengths.
13. Open the Floodgates for Communication.
14. Throw Old Routines Away.